Biometrics in library Identity Management
Fingerprints don't lie...
- Tired of verifying identity of your patrons?
- Do your patron forget their Identity / membership cards every now and then?
- Patrons complaining of forgetting their login or Personal Identification Nos (PINs)?
If any of the above rings a bell, then biometric identification of patrons is the solution for you
Why and when is Biometric ideal for Patron Identification in Libraries
- Whenever the library user is not expected to be carrying the membership card and can access the library services even without a membership card.
- Library membership is extenstive and it can be difficult to manage the identity of every member.
- Whenever the library wishes to povide two factor authentication for patron identity and verification.
Basic & faster identity verification
Being a part of CELECT, we are uniquely positioned to add the advantage of biometrics to library identity validation.
Biometric identity can be added to the circulations systems of self-check sytems or staff workstations using biometrics identity validation softwares.
Features of fingerprint scanners:
- Single finger or multiple finger scanners
- Direct USB connection for faster processing
- Can be used for enrollment or verification
Superior Recognition & Identity validation
Contactless identity validation with direct integration with KOHA LMS for attendance & circulation systems.
Features of Facial Recognition:
- Full integration with KOHA LMS
- Web camera or tablet based
- Direct application for enrollment and verification